If you'd like to collect names of all approvers into a custom field for reporting, you can have a comma separated list placed into a custom textual field. This field can be added into any view or report so approvers can be seen without editing the ticket.
To enable this new feature it is required to add a custom field, setup a Zendesk target, and trigger.
1. Create custom text field
- Add new custom ticket field of type "Text." Note the custom field ID at the top of the page.
- Add the custom field to your ticket forms
2. Create Target and Trigger
- Navigate to Myndbend Administration site: Click the Myndbend app on left nav (circular icon) > Administration Login
- If you are asked to authenticate, login using your Zendesk admin credentials and proceed to the homepage of the administration site. If you haven't been to this site before, you'll be instructed to update the API Access page first.
- On the homepage of the Myndbend administration site, click the "Advanced Setup" button.
- On the next page, click on "List approvers in a custom field for views/reporting"
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create the necessary target and trigger.
- Locate the "MPM Collect Approvers" trigger, change the message body ID to the custom field ID you noted in step 1.
- You will need to save and activate this trigger (drop down next to the submit button)
- To test, add/remove approvers in one of your tickets and hit submit. Choose a ticket that is using a form with the new custom field. You should see the custom field populate (approximately 1 minute).
3. Update your Zendesk view or Advanced report